In October of 2020 a very strange thing happened – a music video uploaded to the Duke University Library web site went viral on Reddit, scoring more than half a million views in one day. This is that video:
It is funny that this video went viral given that:
- The lyrics describe a process for checking books out from the library because of COVID-19. What could be more boring than that?
- The images used to illustrate the video are drawn with crayons and are as amateurish as possible.
- Releasing a music video on a library website is not the traditional route for music releases.
Where did this this song come from? This article in the Duke Chronicle explains that one inspiration was this library takeout video from the Nashville Public Library, featuring a rat puppet singing a revised version of the song “Ice Ice baby”:
Many other libraries have tried other ways to describe their takeout and curbside services:
Videdia is your video encyclopedia and your place to learn about everything – Visit the Table of Contents to find lots more topics. If you want to learn more about this topic, try these tips:
- If you like a particular video, visit the video’s channel. Subscribe to the channel if you want to see new content or to show your support.
- Look for related videos. If you pull up the video in YouTube, then YouTube will often recommend related videos.
- Search YouTube and Google for more information on the topic.
Come back to Videdia every day to learn new things.